Fixer Uppers Oshawa: Who’s looking for a profitable fix & flip? Or a rental?
How can you profit?
1) Buy for $295k (or less), renovate, then sell for around $400-$430k.
2) Buy, renovate, rent, refinance and pull out some of your money.
NOTE: Does not have the ceiling height for a basement apartment. Around 6’1″ in many areas. Has spots that are lower.
– LOCATION: Rossland & Simcoe in Oshawa
– PURCHASE PRICE: $295,000
– AFTER REPAIR VALUE: $400-$430k
– CLOSING: Mon. Oct 28
– TYPE: Detached brick bungalow
– BEDS/BATHS: 3 beds, 1 bath (SMALL bedrooms)
– BASEMENT: Partly finished. Ceiling is a bit over 6′ in most areas, but has lower spots.
– SQFT: 792 sqft
– LOT: 40 x 118 Feet
– AGE: 1928
RENOVATIONS NEEDED: Plenty!
-needs new flooring, painting.
-shingles are nearing end of life
-parging and one side needs brick work on exterior
-some windows are OK (1987), some are very old.
-deck & porch steps
-garbage and junk disposal
-foundation problem! One corner of the foundation has shifted. A foundation contractor is coming this week to quote on the fix. The purchase price will be lowered based on this.
-and you’ll find more renos to do!
-modern furnace and AC
-kitchen and bathroom are decent, but not great. They were updated in 2011.
-detached and extra deep garage.
This house has been assigned. But let us know if you’re looking for fixer-uppers in Oshawa.
Aaron Moore & Tomomi Wang
www.HouseDealsGTA.ca – Wholesale Properties For Real Estate Investors
PS. PUSH HERE to get notified about fixer-upper deals in Oshawa as soon as they become available. Sometimes they go fast, so you don’t want to miss them.